Sunset, Sunrise

Welcome Back


Hello again my friends, and welcome back to my table. It has been a while since I cooked something for you, but rest assured my hands and mind have not been idle. Let me tell you a bit about what I've been up to, and then we can look forward at what to expect from here!

Alena Aenami

Sunset...

I have been playing quite a bit of Invisible Sun... in fact this week marks the finale of the year-long campaign I started last July. A few lucky factors led to me getting the chance to really sink my teeth into this game:
-I found out about Invisible Sun early enough to back the original Kickstarter
-I live in one of the areas the first waves of copies shipped to
-I was fortunate enough to link up with a committed group of players right around the time the game shipped
-This stellar group was available to play weekly
-That turned into twice weekly when one of the players got their own cube and started GMing a parallel weekly game that I played in

The confluence of these factors means I have likely played as many or more hours of actual Invisible Sun gameplay than anyone outside of MCG. Some back of the napkin math puts the number of hours at potentially upwards of 300 hours (~52 weeks in a year x 2 sessions per week x ~3 hrs per session). Even accounting for missed sessions it’s still hundreds of hours. I want to stress that I understand this availability to play isn’t normal for most adults and that I am extremely fortunate to have had the time and the players that I did. I am in no way trying to brag here, rather I hope to establish a modicum of credibility that I am well versed in how Invisible Sun plays and how its world works. I will be drawing on that experience a lot in the posts to come.

Harshanand Singh


...Sunrise


Speaking of posts to come, I’m ready to finally kick this blog into action. The general pace I’m aiming for is a post a week. I already have several specific posts planned and many more in the vague idea stage. I’ve also set up a Patreon which, along with being a general tip jar, will serve as a rudder directing what goes on the roadmap and which posts get worked on in which order. I’ll read post comments of course, but patrons will be, if you’ll pardon the pun, catered to.

Shahab Alizadeh


A Rough Roadmap


Making the Unfamiliar Familiar, or How to Play a Better Goetic
(a list of creatures from Teratology that would be especially useful for a Goetic and creatures that would make good familiars)

Flashmaking and Chrono Contracts
(the simple way to get your Makers making and your Goetics summoning without slowing down the action)

Time Travel in Invisible Sun
(how to tell stories that would break other games)

D10 Satyrine Bars

The Spell Canon
(not that kind of canon, but also yes that kind of canon)

Turn your Vances to Omega
(beefing up this underrated Order)

The Symphonic Order
(a new playable Order to spice up your party)

MIND DUNGEONS, or How to Make the Blue Sun the Best Sun

Clavimancy
(a collection of spells with the new Key facet)

GM Prep in Invisible Sun: Urban Picaresque and the Storyfisher Method

D10 Encounters For Each District in Satyrine

The Path of Hexes, or Hexcrawling the Suns

The New Path and The Ancient 
(a campaign framework for Non’s Day Out or OSR games using Trilemma Adventures)

Let me know which of these you’re most interested in tasting! And if you’re interested in seeing posts early and providing feedback before they go live, head over to Patreon right here.

Comments

  1. My vote is for GM prep in IS. I simultaneously feel prepared and utterly unprepared for my first play session this weekend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts